Session duration of the (Microsoft Azure) Cloud Lab sandbox environment will be reduced on November 9, 2022 for the AI Engineer using Microsoft AzureNanodegree program and Enterprise Security Nanodegree program’s first project "Securing the Perimeter".
Prior to the change, we strongly recommend that all students backup their Azure resources where possible.
Go to the All Resources or Resource Groups and look at the list of resources you've deployed in your Azure sandbox environment. We strongly recommend you delete all your exercise-related and other resources, if any. You do not need to preserve exercise-related resources.
Azure Storage Account Resources
For recursively downloading blobs from a blob container, use the azure-cli command:
az storage blob download-batch
For this step, you will need to install azure-cli on your local machine.
Check the Speech, Language, Vision, Decision, and Open AI resources if you've created any.
Applied AI services
Check if you have created any AI solutions, such as a Form recognizer, Video analyzer, Cognitive search, or Metrics advisor. Write or jot down the list of Applied AI services you have created so that you can re-create them in your next attempt.
Azure Machine Learning
If you are working in the Jupyter notebooks in your Azure Machine Learning Studio workspace, you will need to download the notebooks. Go to the File menu to download the Jupyter notebooks from your Azure Machine Learning Studio workspace.
Write or jot down the VMs configuration necessary for the project.
- Security groups
- Connection method
- Open ports
- Installed tools.
Note this information so you can recreate the VM in the new Cloud lab.
Terms of Azure Lab:
- This cloud lab is a sandbox environment and thus has a limited session duration. We do not preserve resources across sessions.
- Please follow the instructions described in the exercise/project instructions. Udacity monitors lab usage to ensure proper use of resources for educational purposes.
- There are only 10 attempts permitted for each lab. Therefore, we strongly recommend students to only create and access the lab resources when it is necessary.
- Always delete the resources if not in use.
- Misusing the lab resources can cause revoking your lab access or your Udacity account to be deactivated.