To begin troubleshooting your Workspace, please ensure that your browser accepts third-party cookies. If you are concerned about enabling third-party cookies, you may keep this option disabled and make an exception for our cookie on the domain udacity-student-workspaces.com. Please note there is no security risk to our cookie. If you are using a network with extra security restrictions, you may need to ask your IT department or network administrator to make these changes for you.
How to Enable Third-Party Cookies in Your Browser
- At the top right, click Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under "Privacy and security," click Content settings.
- Select Cookies.
- Disable Block Third Party Cookies (alternatively, add [*.]udacity-student-workspaces.com to the Allow field)
- For more information, check out Google's instructions on how to manage cookies in Chrome.
- Go to Preferences.
- Select the Privacy tab.
- Uncheck the Prevent cross-site tracking box.
- Uncheck the Ask websites not to track me box.
- Uncheck the Block all cookies box.
- By default, Firefox stores cookies of websites you visit. If you've disabled this you will need to re-enable it.
- Click the three lines in the upper-right corner, then click Preferences.
- Navigate to the Privacy and Security section.
- Under the Cookies and Site Data heading, select Always from the Accept third-party cookies and site data dropdown menu.
- For more information, check out Firefox's instructions on how to enable cookies.
- Tap or click on the three dots in the upper-right corner of the browser window. Select Settings at the bottom of the menu.
- In Settings tap or click on View advanced settings.
- Under the Cookies heading click the dropdown menu and deselect Block only third-party cookies.
If you have third-party cookies enabled and you’re still having trouble accessing your Workspace, here are some additional things you can try:
- Make sure you’re using the latest version of a supported web browser. If you’re using Edge or Safari, try using Chrome or Firefox. We do support Edge and Safari, but our site is optimized to work best in Firefox or Chrome.
- Try disabling your browser extensions. In particular, we've noticed that Ghostery and other extensions that block tracking can prevent Workspaces from loading.
- Please whitelist the following URL in your browser: *.udacity.com
- Try using a different network, if you have access to one.
- If you’re using antivirus software, try temporarily disabling it. Sometimes we’ve seen older antivirus programs cause issues with Workspaces. If this turns out to be the problem, we suggest updating the software if possible, and if you’re using the latest version, contacting the company’s technical support team.
- Visit the classroom tech-compatibility page and verify that you get green check marks throughout.
- Please turn on the 'Do Not Track' feature in Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.