By engaging with our community, you agree to abide by our Terms of Service. We know that legalese is tedious, but in this case we encourage you to give it a read anyway as it serves to protect us, and by extension, your data and student experience, from unsavory folks.
Udacity reserves the right to suspend community privileges for students that break the code of conduct detailed in our Terms of Service, either in letter or in spirit. This may include having offending posts removed, asking the offending party to issue an apology, or removing the offending party from the platform itself.
Your experience in the Nanodegree program and community should be an engaging, fulfilling, and positive one. As such, we have outlined the following system for reporting behavior that does not live up to Udacity’s standards, so it can quickly be addressed by our staff.
All reports of suspected violations to the TOU, Community Code of Conduct or Honor Code should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be reviewed. If you witness or are experiencing any violations of our policies please get in touch with us. Below prohibited actions as set forth on our Community Code of Conduct:
- Harassment: Inappropriate, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or violent comments or conduct.
- Discrimination: Offensive comments related to gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability or disease
- Distributing inappropriate content: Use of sexual, violent, graphic, or derogatory images
- Bullying: Deliberate intimidation, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person
- Sexual harassment: Unwelcome sexual attention
- Defamation: Obscene, fraudulent, indecent, or libelous acts that defame, abuse, harass, discriminate against or threaten others
- Plagiarism: will not cheat on any homework assignment, projects or exams for the Online Courses and, specifically, will not plagiarize materials created by others
- Self-injury or Suicide: We do not encourage community postings related to self-injury or suicide. If you or someone you know is exhibiting signs of self-injury or suicide, find help at the Suicide Prevention Lifeline in the U.S. and Befrienders.org globally.
When a potential violation is brought to our attention, we will make every effort to investigate the case thoroughly and make a decision that is fair to all parties.