No. The team will be providing a VM with ROS installed. You are welcome to perform your own install, but it is not necessary (nor will it be supported by Udacity).
Articles in this section
- Do I need the TX2 to complete the projects in Term 2?
- How long will it take me to receive my TX2?
- How do I receive the educational discount on the TX2?
- How long will it take me to receive my discount code?
- Where can I find the link to download the virtual machine?
- Do I need to re-partition my machine with Ubuntu and install ROS (Robot Operating System)?
- How is the Robotics Nanodegree program different from your Machine Learning Engineer Nanodegree program or your Self-Driving Car Engineer Nanodegree program?
- Does the Robotics Nanodegree program have hiring partnerships associated with it?
- What frameworks/languages/technologies will the Robotics Nanodegree program teach?
- Do I need any special equipment to take the Robotics Nanodegree program?