Since we have moved to a subscription model, as soon as you enroll in the program, you can get started! We advertise classroom start dates and project due dates as a general guideline for students, to provide you with some structure and guidance around the pace we see most successful students move through the program. It also helps ensure you join a community of other students who start their learning journey around the same time as you. So if you “miss” the classroom open date, this doesn’t change anything on your end. You’ll still be able to access your content as soon as you purchase and complete your onboarding process. You just might be in a different group of students in your community channels.
Articles in this section
- What is your policy on deadlines?
- Are deferments an option if I’m enrolled, but not ready to start a Nanodegree program?
- The class I'm interested in hasn't started, but the enrollment date has already passed. Can I still enroll late?
- The enrollment date for the Nanodegree program I'm interested in already passed. Can I still enroll late?
- Do you offer extensions?
- What is the class switching policy?
- If I need to, do I have the option to pause my studies?
- Can I enroll in multiple Nanodegree programs at the same time?
- Can I enroll in a Nanodegree program at any time?
- Once enrolled, when will I have access to my Nanodegree program?