We are currently not able to accommodate any request to join a Nanodegree program class if the enrollment has already closed. We carefully recruit, vet, and place mentors with upcoming classes, which takes time. This is why we have that time between when enrollment closes and when the classroom actually starts. We want you to join a class that is carefully balanced for the ideal student-to-mentor ratio for optimal student learning outcomes, including your own. We highly recommend enrolling in the next available class for the Nanodegree you're interested in.
Articles in this section
- What is your policy on deadlines?
- Are deferments an option if I’m enrolled, but not ready to start a Nanodegree program?
- The class I'm interested in hasn't started, but the enrollment date has already passed. Can I still enroll late?
- The enrollment date for the Nanodegree program I'm interested in already passed. Can I still enroll late?
- Do you offer extensions?
- What is the class switching policy?
- If I need to, do I have the option to pause my studies?
- Can I enroll in multiple Nanodegree programs at the same time?
- Can I enroll in a Nanodegree program at any time?
- Once enrolled, when will I have access to my Nanodegree program?