Below you can find answers to some frequently asked questions during Phase 1 of the program.
Where can I find information on important program dates?
Will I need access to external tools during Phase 1 of the Scholarship program? Do I need to pay for such tools/services?
- No technical requirements or additional payments required for any of the tracks.
- The Cloud track does require you to launch AWS from the classroom, for more instructions on how to launch AWS from the classroom check out this article.
Will there be a certificate of completion for Phase 1 of the Scholarship Program?
- No certificate will be awarded. However, you can add the fact that you participated in the Scholarship Challenge on your LinkedIn Profile. Click here for instructions on how to add a certificate of participation to your LinkedIn Profile.
- Populate the text boxes with the following:
- Certification Name - Blacks in Technology Scholarship Challenge Course
- Certification Authority - Udacity
- Time Period - April 26th, 2021 - June 25th, 2021
- Certification URL and License Number - you don’t need to write anything in these text boxes
I’ve been accepted into a Scholarship Program and I need help with the material in the challenge course. Where do I go?
- Once you’ve been accepted into a Scholarship Program and you need guidance on course materials, please check out your track specific lesson channels (eg. #data_l1, #cloud_l1, #product_l1) and the #tech_help channel in your Slack workspace! Your peers will be able to answer any technical questions you have about the course.
Will I still have access to Phase 1 Scholarship content after Phase 1 ends?
- Students will not be granted continued access to the Challenge course content. Once the Phase I deadline passes, you will be automatically unenrolled and will lose access regardless of whether you have been accepted into Phase 2 or not. At the end of the Challenge course, the Community team will provide instructions on how to update your LinkedIn profile.