Below you can find answers to some frequently asked questions during Phase 1 of the program.
Where can I find information on important program dates?
Will I need access to external tools during Phase 1 of the Scholarship program? Do I need to pay for such tools/services?
- All tooling requirements for the foundations course are outlined in your Classroom. Make sure you have the listed prerequisites installed. These tools will be used throughout the course, so make sure you install them to follow the demo and exercise solutions closely.
- No payment is necessary to make use of these tools.
Will there be a certificate of completion for Phase 1 of the Scholarship Program?
- No certificate will be awarded. Depending on your degree of progress at the end of the initial Phase 1 Foundations course, Udacity may provide you with language you can use to highlight on your LinkedIn profile. This is a great way to highlight new development experience to potential employers and recruiters.
I’ve been accepted into a Scholarship Program and I need help with the material in the challenge course. Where do I go?
- Once you’ve been accepted into a Scholarship Program and you need guidance on course materials, please check out the lesson channels (#l1, #l2, #l3, etc.) and the #tech_help channel in your Slack workspace! Your peers will be able to answer any technical questions you have about the course.
How can I advance to Phase 2?
- For full details, be sure to attend one of the live Orientation Webinars hosted by your Scholarship Community Managers. Event information is emailed to all Foundations course students. A recording will also be made available afterwards on the program Google Site for those who cannot not attend.
Will I still have access to Phase 1 Scholarship content after Phase 1 ends?
- Students will not be granted continued access to the Foundations course content. Once the Phase I deadline passes, you will be automatically unenrolled and will lose access regardless of whether you have been accepted into Phase 2 or not. At the end of the Foundations course, the Community team will provide instructions on how to update your LinkedIn profile.
What is the active participation requirement?
- To fulfill the active participation requirement, you are required to start your Challenge course within the first two weeks, before 11:59 pm PST on June 21, 2021. Students who do not begin their program by this date will be automatically unenrolled, and give up their seat to someone else.
How can I fulfill the active participation requirement?
To fulfill this requirement, please complete the following steps:
- Enter the classroom for your Challenge course.
- Start your Challenge course by clicking into a minimum of 1 lesson and completing 1 concept inside it. You will see a green checkmark next to the concept in the left sidebar once you have completed it.
You must fulfill both of these steps to meet the active participation requirement. The Scholarships team will check every user’s participation, and will automatically un-enroll any inactive users after June 21, 2021.