For more information on the Nokia + Blacks in Technology Scholarship Program check out the landing page https://www.udacity.com/scholarships/nokia-bit-scholarship
What is the “ Nokia + Blacks in Technology Scholarship Program”?
The Blacks in Technology Foundation, Nokia & Udacity are partnering to provide 302 Free Scholarships to help increase educational and professional opportunities for the Black community. We want to help close the skills gap for the Black community and increase diversity in tech roles by creating a pipeline of qualified candidates in desirable fields such as Cloud DevOps Engineer, AI Programming with Python, Java Programming , Data Structures and Algorithms, Intermediate Python.
Who can apply?
Anyone 18 years of age and above is encouraged to apply. Scholarship recipients should be prepared to invest about 5–10 hours per week during the Nanodegree programs. Scholarships are open to applicants based anywhere in the world.
How does this Scholarship program work?
The scholarship program is structured in two parts:
Phase 1: Challenge Course
- 3,020 scholarship applicants will be selected to participate in a Challenge Course in one of the Nanodegree tracks, beginning in September 2021. During this first phase of the scholarship, students work through one of the five initial Challenge Courses that comprise of course text, content and quizzes (no projects) over the course of 2 months. Learners should be prepared to invest about 3–5 hours per week during this period. Challenge course recipients participating in this initial phase of the program will also engage with classmates in a robust, actively managed, student community.
Phase 2: Nanodegree program
- 302 students will be awarded a scholarship to either the AI programming with Python, Intermediate Python, Java Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms, and Cloud DevOps Engineer Nanodegree program. Access to these Nanodegree programs includes expert project reviews and real human project reviewers. These full Nanodegree program scholarships will be awarded in January 2022. Applicants should be prepared to invest about 5–10 hours per week for approximately 5 months.
Do scholarship recipients have to pay anything to participate?
No! The program is completely free to all scholarship recipients.
Are there specific class hours when students need to be online or can they go through the lessons and study whenever they want?
- After class starts, participants can study on their own schedule as long as they complete the course in the predefined time. That is to say, they will have complete access to the course directly in their classroom 24 hours a day. We understand that students have different schedules and will work on their course at different times and on different days. What’s important is that students make constant progress each and every week and get through all the content before the end of the course.
What are the criteria for being selected as one of the 302 Scholarship winners?
Eligibility requirements include:
- 100% Completion of the Challenge Course
- Top score among the group in the final assessment
- Current location in the U.S. preferred
What is the timeline for the program?
Below is the timeline for the Scholarship
- Applications Accepted: August 16, 2021 - September 27, 2021
- Challenge Winners Announced: October 7, 2021
- Challenge Course: October 11, 2021 - December 11, 2021
- Scholarship Winners Announced: December 21, 2021
- Scholarship: January 10, 2022 - June 10, 2022
What are the Terms & Conditions?
The full Terms and Conditions are posted here.