Below are frequently asked questions for the 2021-2022 Bertelsmann Scholarship Program.
What is the timeline of my track?
- Phase 1: December 14, 2021 - February 14, 2022
- Phase 2 winners will be announced via email on February 25, 2022."
How many hours a week should I expect to spend on my coursework, in order to finish my track on time?
- Between instructional content, quizzes, external resources, active engagement on the community platform, and other course-related activities. Students should be prepared to invest about 2-4 hours per week during this period.
I feel lost after accessing my classroom, is there any guide to help me?
- Please watch this tutorial video that will help you get familiar with your classroom.
Is there any kind of support provided if I need help in my track?
- We'll have a dedicated Slack Student Community where you can ask questions, get answers, and find support from your peers and Community Manager. Once you've joined this community, you'll find resources that will help you complete your Challenge course material.
What do you mean by the "Slack Student Community?
- Once you are enrolled in the program, you will be given access to the Slack Student Community we've created specifically for this program phase. This community will enable you to connect with your classmates in real-time; Udacity students regularly use this community to support each other's work, answer each other's questions, and share relevant ideas and resources. Though participation is not required, virtually all of our learners highlight this community aspect as one of the most important parts of their Scholarship experience, so we recommend participating if you can!
How do I join the Slack Student Community?
- After being enrolled in Phase 1, you will receive an invitation email to your Slack Community. Also, you will find your Slack invitation in the first lesson inside your classroom. You can watch this tutorial video to learn how to use Slack.
Will I have access to the material of my track after I finish it successfully?
- No, you will not have access to the Challenge Phase classroom material after February 14, 2022.
Will I get a certificate if I successfully complete my track?
- No. However, you will receive a badge of completion via email at the end of Phase 1. You can share this badge on your social media accounts such as LinkedIn or Twitter to celebrate your accomplishments!