See below for frequently asked questions regarding the Citi Scholarship Program.
What is the Citi Scholarship Program?
- Citi and Udacity are working together to provide 100 scholarships to help increase education and professional opportunities in technology careers for underrepresented communities. Please note: this scholarship is at no cost to selected program participants.
What does this program entail?
- 9-week Application Period
- Submit your application between January 19, 2022, through March 31, 2022.
- 11-week Challenge Course
- Those selected as one of 1,000 challenge course recipients will participate in an exclusive introductory program.
- 7-month Nanodegree Scholarship Program with networking and mentorship sessions
- Those selected as one of 100 scholarship recipients will begin the Nanodegree program. During your learning journey, you will have the opportunity to participate in networking and mentoring sessions with Citi employees and learn industry best practices from Citi engineers.
Paid co-op at Citi
How can I benefit from this program?
Udacity training in Programming and Full Stack Web Development.
Fast and flexible - 5-10 hours per week at your own pace.
Career Opportunities - Scholarship graduates will have the opportunity to apply for co-op roles within Institutional Client Group (ICG) Tech at Citi.
How does the learner journey look like as part of this program?
- Step 1 – Apply today! It only takes a few minutes to complete the application.
- Step 2 – If you are selected, begin work in the Challenge coursework and learn in-demand Programming and Web Development skills from day 1.
- Step 3 – Network with Citi employees and learn best practices to help you excel in Web Development.
- Step 4 – Complete the Challenge coursework and assessment requirements to be eligible for the Nanodegree Program.
- Step 5 – Graduates are welcome to apply for a paid co-op opportunity at Citi. Those who aren’t offered an interview will receive a Certificate of Completion for use in other job interviews.
What are the eligibility criteria to enroll?
- All are welcome to apply.
Are there any fees for enrollment?
- No, this is a free scholarship.
What is the duration program?
- The program is two-phased. The Challenge Phase is designed to run from January 19th until April 11th, and the enrollment period will run from January 19th to March 28th. The Nanodegree Program is designed to run from April 27th until November 28th. However, it is important to note that the program is self-paced, so you can finish it in less than the designed duration if you wish.
What are the prerequisites for enrollment?
- There are no technical prerequisities for enrollment into Phase 1.
How do I apply in the program?
- You can know more details and apply from here.
When will the applications open/close?
- Applications will be open from January 19th until March 28th.
Is this Scholarship program online, in-person, or a combination of both?
- This is a fully online program with a live-virtual connect sessions in the Nanodegree program. Throughout the cohort, students get to learn through online videos in their classroom and interact with peers, coaches, and instructors on their community platform and in their weekly Connect Sessions.
How can I apply for the Filtration Assessment?
- After passing the Challenge Phase Certification Assessment and gaining your Certificate of Completion, please check for Filtration Assessment details and instructions found in the “Certificate of Completion and Filtration Assessment” section in your classroom. Once the assessment is available on April 12th 10:00am PST, the link to take the assessment will be sent through email. You will be able to take the Filtration Assessment from April 12th until April 14th 10:00am PST. Udacity will leave the link open to the Filtration Assessment for 48 hours, allowing you two full days to complete it.
How can I know if I have been qualified for the Nanodegree Program?
- You will receive an email from the Udacity team confirming that you have been qualified for the Nanodegree Program section of the Scholarship following your Filtration Assessment.
When does the Nanodegree Program start?
- The Nanodegree Program portion of the Scholarship will launch on April 27th. Learners will be invited to join a live webinar "Kickoff" event to cover the details of the program and join a cohort of students to start their Nanodegree that day. Kindly note that a lot of valuable details will be mentioned in the kick-off! This is why it is mandatory to attend to know all info about your learning journey in Nanodegree Program!
What are the criteria to be selected for Nanodegree Program?
- Students who successfully receive the Certification of Completion are eligible to take the Filtration Assessment. Filtration Assessment details and instructions are found in the “Certificate of Completion and Filtration Assessment” section in your classroom. Once the assessment is available on April 12th, 2022 10:00am PST, you can complete the Filtration Assessment any time before April 14th, 2022 10:00am PST. There are no other days that this Assessment will take place. Accordingly, students who sit for the Filtration Assessment will then go through a selection process based on their score and selected candidates will be shortlisted for the Nanodegree Program scholarship.
Can I take the Filtration Assessment more than once?
- Students will only be eligible for one attempt at passing the Filtration Assessment over the 48-hour period when the Filtration Assessment is live. You must complete this assessment if you want to be eligible to win a seat in Nanodegree Program.
Will you provide us with any kind of career support?
- Citi employees will be hosting AMAs and sessions! Keep an eye out in your email for updates!
Can I change the email address that I have used to sign-up?
- No. You should maintain the same email address you used to apply for the Citi Scholarship Program for the duration of your entire course in order to maintain eligibility for this Nanodegree program.
Can I withdraw/postpone studying after I am enrolled?
- You should only join this program if you are committed to learning and graduating within the defined timeline of the program. If you are enrolled, you can request a withdrawal from the program until the 3rd week from the start of the Challenge Phase or Nanodegree program. For the Challenge Phase, you can request an unenrollment up to and including March 9th, 2022 end of day PST. For the Nanodegree program, you can request unenrollment May 19th, 2022 end of day PST. There is no postponing enrollment as this is a cohort based program.
How many assessments should I expect as part of this journey?
- As part of the Challenge Phase, there is a Certification Assessment, which you must pass in order to get your "Certificate of Completion" for the Challenge phase of the program. Additionally, you must pass a Filtration Assessment to be eligible for selection into the Nanodegree Program of the Scholarship.
When will the Certification Assessment be available?
- The Certification Assessment will be available in your classroom from the date of your enrollment and until April 11th. You will no longer be eligible to take the Certification Assessment or receive your "Certification of Completion" beyond the end date of the classroom.
Can I take Assessments more than once?
- Yes, you can take the Certification Assessment more than once, before the Challenge Phase ends. However, you will have only one chance to pass the Filtration Assessment in order to qualify for the Nanodegree Program.