What has changed?
- We have added additional lessons in Course 1 and Course 2 to cover React Hooks and testing components with Jest which is a testing framework. We have also included an optional opportunity in the extracurricular section of your program to develop mobile apps for iOS and Android devices using React Native.
What’s the reason for making these changes to the React Nanodegree program?
- Software tools and techniques are always evolving, and Udacity strives to provide students with the cutting-edge skills they need to stay in-demand. We identified a number of updates we could make to the program to further enhance both the student experience and student outcomes.
When will the updated version be available?
- It is available as of March 31, 2022!
I purchased the older version but would rather take the updated version - can I switch?
- In order to enroll in the updated version of the Nanodegree program, you should first follow the steps to ‘Cancel’ your enrollment in the current version, which can be found here. Please note that refund eligibility will be determined as per Udacity’s existing policy.
- Once you have successfully canceled your current enrollment, you can enroll in the new version via the program overview page.
Will my progress transfer over to the new version when I re-enroll?
- Given the nature of the updates we have made to the Nanodegree program, it’s not possible to transfer progress in the older version of the program over to the new version. In order to graduate, you will need to pass all required projects in one or the other version of the program.
Still have questions or concerns? Our Enrollment Advisors would be happy to help.