See below for frequently asked questions regarding the Vodacom Lesotho Scholarship Program.
What is the Vodacom Lesotho Scholarship Program
- Vodacom Lesotho Foundation and Udacity are partnering to offer fully-funded nanodegrees to train learners in the latest tech skills, specifically in Programming for Data Science with Python and Business Analytics.
What does this program entail?
- This program is free of charge and available to all eligible learners who successfully pass the application on our website. The program consists of a 5-month, self-guided learning journey with the rest of the Vodacom Lesotho Foundation -Udacity Scholarship cohort. Students have the option to select their desired nanodegree program from the following selection: Programming for Data Science with Python and Business Analytics
How can I benefit from this program?
- Students will have the opportunity to work on real-world projects designed by industry experts to build their portfolio of skills, and learn one of four core skills sets to prepare them for a career in a job of the future.
How does the learner journey look like as part of this program?
- As a student in the Vodacom Lesotho Scholarship Program, your learning journey will be 5 months and self-guided, depending on your track. Throughout your entire learning journey, you will have access to an online community platform, where you will get to ask other students and mentors for support to help you through any learning difficulties or even to network!
What are the eligibility criteria to enroll?
- Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Submit the online application form here
- Be between 22 and 35 years of age
- Be located in Lesotho
Are there any fees for enrollment?
- No, this is a free scholarship
What is the duration program?
- The program is designed to run from May 24, 2022, to October 24, 2022. However, it is important to note that the program is self-paced, you can finish it in less than the designed duration if you wish.
What are the prerequisites for enrollment?
- There are no prerequisites for this program. You will need access to reliable internet and have knowledge of basic computer skills.
How do I apply for the program?
- You can know more details and apply from here
When will the applications open/close?
- Applications opened on March 9, 2022 and will close on April 25, 2022.
How will I know if I am accepted in the scholarship?
- We will contact you via email by May 6, 2022. So, please make sure to check your e-mail frequently. Please use one email for everything during the program, and make sure to check your spam folder to see if you received emails from our side.
Can I cancel an application I submitted?
- A fully submitted application cannot be deleted. Please ensure you are submitting accurate and correct information, and that you are committed to the program timelines before submitting your application.
Is this program online, in-person, or a combination of both?
- This is a fully online program with a live-virtual connect sessions. Throughout the cohort, students get to learn through online videos in their classroom and interact with peers, coaches, and instructors on their community platform and in their weekly Connect Sessions.
Will you provide us with any kind of career support?
- All learners will have access to Udacity's optional career projects.
Can I change the email address that I have used to sign-up?
- You should maintain the same email address you used to apply for the Vodacom Lesotho Foundation - Udacity Scholarship Program for the duration of your entire course in order to maintain eligibility for this Nanodegree program.
Can I withdraw/postpone studying after I am enrolled?
- There are no withdrawal or postponing options available in the program. You should only join this program if you are committed to learning and graduating within the defined timeline of the program.