See below for Phase 1 FAQs for High Tech Transition Pathway Scholarship Program.
What is the timeline of my track?
- Phase 1 of the program will be from April 12th to May 27th. This means that enrolled students will have access for that period, but will only have until May 27th to attempt the Certification Assessment.
How many hours a week should I expect to spend on my coursework, in order to finish my track on time?
- Between instructional content, quizzes, external resources, active engagement on the community platform, and other course-related activities, we recommend that students spend 1-2 hours a day learning.
I feel lost after accessing my classroom, is there any guide to help me?
- Please watch this tutorial video that will help you get familiar with your classroom.
Is there any kind of support provided if I need help in my track?
- We'll have a dedicated Slack Student Community where you can ask questions, get answers, and find support from your peers, student advocates, and Udacity staff. Once you've joined this community, be sure to visit the Slack channel specific to your field of study to find resources that will help you complete your Challenge course material and prepare for the Certificate Assessment and Filtration Assessment.
What do you mean by the "Slack Student Community?"
- Once you are enrolled in the program, you will be given access to the Slack Student Community we've created specifically for this program phase. This community will enable you to connect with your classmates in real-time; all Udacity students regularly use this community to support each other's work, answer each other's questions, and share relevant ideas and resources. Virtually all of our learners highlight this community aspect as one of the most important parts of their Scholarship experience.
How do I join the Slack Student Community?
- After being enrolled in Phase 1, you will receive an invitation email to your Slack Community. Also, you will find your Slack invitation in the Welcome module inside your classroom. You can watch this tutorial video to learn how to use Slack.
What is the "Certification Assessment"?
- The Certification Assessment is an assessment that you must pass in order to get certified to be eligible for the Filtration Assessment and Phase 2 (Nanodegree Program.)
When will the assessment be available?
- The Certification Assessment will be available immediately in your classroom once you enroll. You will have until May 27th to attempt the assessment and earn the certificate. After May 27th, you will no longer be able to take the Certification Assessment to earn the certificate.
Can I take the certification assessment more than once?
- Yes, you can take the Certification Assessment more than once as long as you are attempting it before the end of phase 1, May 27th 11:59 EST.
Are there any instructions that can assist me in passing the certification assessment?
- We recommend going through the content diligently and as per the timeline; with this, you will be able to learn all the required Track Fundamentals to pass the Certification Assessment
Will I have access to the material of my track after I finish it successfully?
- Yes, you will have indefinite static access to the content after successfully completing your track.
Will I get a certificate if I successfully complete my track?
- Yes. You will receive a Certificate of Completion once you have passed the Certification Assessment at the conclusion of the course. You will also be provided detailed instructions on how to issue your certificate from inside your Classroom.
How to be eligible for the certificate?
- To receive the certificate, you must successfully complete your track (finish the content and pass the certification assessment ) within the timeframe allotted.
Are there any required documents to receive my certificate of completion?
- There are no documents required. Once you are eligible for the certificate after passing the certification assessment, you will be able to issue your certificate.
How will my name be written on the certificate of completion?
- Certificates will be issued based on the name provided in your classroom. You can edit your name from inside your Classroom settings BEFORE graduation but not after. Please make sure that the first name and last name displayed in your Classroom settings appear in the way would like them displayed on your certificate and that the displayed name is less than 30 characters ( space included ). The name displayed on your certificate name will not be changeable after graduation.
Will the certificates be accredited? and will it have a unique code or serial number?
- Udacity is a private online education provider that is industry-recognized rather than accredited by an official institution. However, phase 1 "Challenge" certificate will be signed by our founder Sebastian Thrun and will contain a unique code that can be later verified for every individual.
Can I get a hard copy of my certificate?
- Udacity only provides a digital copy of the certificate. However, you can always download and print your certificate, if you wish!