There will be a security update occurring on May 25, 2022 that will affect the AWS Cloud Gateway in your classroom.
Unless otherwise stated within your classroom exercises or projects, these are the enabled regions:
If you are actively using resources outside of these regions, we highly recommend backing up these resources locally (e.g. SageMaker Notebooks, S3 Buckets, etc.) as otherwise your work may be affected and lost.
How to backup your AWS resources:
To save data from your S3 Buckets:
- Select the bucket that contains the files you want to keep
- Click Download
To save your SageMaker Notebook:
- Launch SageMaker Studio
- Right-click the notebook or folder you want to keep
- Click Copy Download Link
- Paste the link into your browser’s address bar and it will begin downloading your selected files:
Kindly note, that some resources (e.g. RDS) will not be saveable and these will need to be redone in the enabled regions. Unfortunately, we will not be able to restore any work that may be lost due to this update.
Please find a list of all affected Nanodegree programs below:
- Full Stack Web Developer
- Data Engineering
- Java Web Developer
- Data Architect
- AWS Cloud Architect
- Machine Learning DevOps Engineer
- Digital Freelancer
- Site Reliability Engineer
- Deep Learning
- AWS Machine Learning Engineer
- Hybrid Cloud Engineer
- Cloud Developer
- Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Machine Learning Engineer Nanodegree
For AWS related questions, check out our Help Center articles here.